Yard Waste and Leaf Collection
Yard Waste Collection
The City of Brighton’s curbside yard waste collection program will begin the week of April 3, 2023 and will continue through November 30.
During the spring and summer months, yard waste will be picked up on regularly scheduled trash pickup days every other week by our refuse contractor, Waste Management.
Brush must be cut in 4-foot lengths or less and bundled. Limbs cannot be greater than 4 inches in diameter. All grass and leaves must be placed in compostable paper bags or approved and labeled containers. Bags or containers must be no greater than 50 pounds in weight. There is a 10-bag or bundle limit per pickup during the spring and summer.
Remember, burning leaves or other yard waste is not allowed in the City of Brighton.
Please following this link to access the City's 2023 Yard Waste Calendar.
More than 67 percent of the municipal solid waste produced in the United States (including paper) can be composted, although, certain organic materials should not be composted at home. Before you compost, be aware of what materials are appropriate.
Yard Waste Guidelines
- Yard waste includes leaves, twigs and branches, grass clippings and other organic materials such as flowers, weeds and garden plants.
- Yard waste DOES NOT INCLUDE sod, pet waste, branches over 6 inches in diameter, stumps, logs, wood, dirt, rocks, trash.
- Brush and sticks should be bundled together. Please note that brush must be cut in 4-foot lengths or less and bundled. Limbs cannot be greater than 4 inches in diameter. Bundles should not exceed 30 pounds.
- All grass and leaves must be placed in compostable paper bags or approved, and properly labeled, containers. Bags should not exceed 60 pounds.
- There is a 10 bundle pickup limit in the spring and summer.
- Place yard waste along the curb by 6:00 a.m.
Fall Yard Waste Collection
Waste Management will begin their weekly yard waste bag collection the week of October 2, 2023. In addition to the increased curbside yard waste bag pickup, the City of Brighton will again the leaf vacuuming service. Please check back to see when we will be in your area.
For more information, questions, or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-225-8001.