Some basic rules for keeping you and your car safe.
- Never, ever, drink or do drugs and then drive.
- Don’t ride with drivers who are under the influence.
- Focus on the road at all times.
- Don’t text or use your cell phone while driving.
- Don’t play around with your MP3 player while driving.
- Always lock your car whether you are in it or not.
- Avoid parking in isolated areas.
- Stay calm. Don’t make obscene gestures to other drivers, no matter how angry they make you. Keep your anger under control. Road rage is a dangerous thing. See also Road Rage Prevention & Safety
- Back off when someone cuts you off or tailgates you.
Cell Phones On The Road
- Drivers using cell phones while driving can be as dangerous as those driving drunk.
- Remember, your call or text message can wait until you park the car.
Keep Your Car Safe
- Never leave your car running or your keys in the ignition.
- Always roll up your windows and lock the car.
- Keep valuables out of plain view. Lock them in the trunk or take them inside with you.
- Always carry your registration and insurance card with you.
- Don’t leave personal information in the car.
- Report anything stolen to law enforcement.