Auto Theft Prevention Tips
Actions To Prevent Auto Theft
- Never leave your vehicle unattended with the keys in the ignition.
- Lock your doors and close the windows even when parked in front of your home.
- Park in busy and well-lit areas.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view, such as GPS, purse, laptop, mobile phone, etc.
- Equip your vehicle with an alarm or other anti-theft device.
- Do not leave personal identity documents in the vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle information with you in case you have to report the car stolen (year, make, model, VIN).
Precautions To Avoid Being Car-Jacked
- Keep doors locked while driving.
- Be aware of your surroundings when out of vehicle at gas pumps or walking in a parking lot.
- Do not leave keys in car at gas station if you go inside to pay.
- If your vehicle is bumped from behind while driving, proceed to the nearest well-lit and populated area and call police.